Software EngineerApply to this job
RAW Labs is a rapidly expanding Swiss enterprise data technology company that was spun out of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), by Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki and a team of highly successful engineers and scientists from amongst others CERN, Cisco and Salesforce.
At RAW Labs we have developed novel and highly innovative technologies to interrogate massive quantities of data in different formats, that are held in a variety of data stores across the enterprise’s infrastructure and the Cloud. By leveraging these innovative technologies RAW Labs has built a Cloud based Data Sharing platform for creating and maintaining APIs. The RAW Labs platform enables our customers to cost effectively exploit all forms of data and make available as Data Products. Enterprises use RAW Labs’ platform to drive ML/AI, business intelligence and data analytics applications without having first to undertake costly ETL/ELT operations, and securely share data in hours, not days.
RAW Labs is funded by a group of highly sophisticated and experienced technology investors and are advised amongst others by Prof. Martin Odersky (creator of Scala), Prof. Mike Franklin (co-creator of Spark), Dr. Alon Halevy (from Facebook’s AI team) and CIO’s of large enterprises.
We are currently looking for a Software Engineer to join our highly acclaimed R&D team.
Our R&D team is based in two development centers: one in Lausanne, Switzerland, and the other in Athens, Greece. The successful applicant would be working in either office, or a Remote worker with access to either office as needs dictate, and working in European time zones.
As Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of a wide array of the services for the RAW Labs platform. This includes, among other tasks, improvements to the core engine, business services, API Gateway, connector architecture, etc. You will also participate in the design and implementation of new features and products. You are a passionate and experienced engineer with JVM experience, detailed-oriented, with great oral and written communication skills, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a wide array of services for the RAW platform, including REST services, database backends, distributed systems and front-end services.
- Implement a flexible and scalable architecture to accommodate demands from customers and sales.
- Implement new features for the product.
- Build benchmarks and conduct detailed performance analysis.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of internal developer tooling.
- Contribute to documentation efforts of code, internal architecture documentation as well as customer-facing documentation.
- Provide support to the customer support teams to help debug problems as needed.
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Adopt best software development practices (Design Patterns, TDD, SOLID, Clean code).
- Experience in JVM.
- Experience in the development of distributed systems.
- Languages: Scala and/or Java and/or Kotlin, SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a major Cloud Service Provider (esp. AWS)
- Experience in developing big data frameworks and technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS.
- Experience with benchmarking and profiling tools (like JMH, Apache JMeter).
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (like Jenkins, Artifactory) and DevOps tooling (like Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Docker, Compose, Ansible).
- Being at the front line of building one of the greatest enterprise technology success stories.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the greatest academics and practitioners in the field of Big Data and Data Meshes to solve the most challenging problems that the world’s largest enterprises face when trying to explore their data troves.
- Using in your day-to-day work the most modern technologies and techniques to solve challenging real-life problems.
- Solving in your day-to-day job engineering challenges that are in the forefront of the technology innovation curve in data driven organizations.
- The opportunity to be a key member in the team as we grow.
- An attractive compensation package including equity upside.
We also have other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Great facilities when working from the office and support for remote working
- Regular inspiring team building events
- Flexibility in working hours and location.
Apply to this job