Senior Software Engineer (Greece)Apply to this job
RAW Labs (Greece) is the newly formed Greek arm of the Research & Development team of RAW Labs. RAW Labs is a rapidly expanding Swiss enterprise data technology company that was spun out of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), by Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki and a team of highly successful engineers and scientists from amongst others CERN, Cisco and Salesforce.At RAW Labs we have developed novel and highly innovative technologies to interrogate efficiently very large quantities of data in different formats, that are held in a variety of data stores across the enterprise’s infrastructure and the Cloud. The RAW Labs solution enables large organizations like telecom companies or financial institutions to exploit cost effectively their Big Data troves and create Data Products and Data Meshes for purposes including ML/AI, business Intelligence and analytics without having first to undertake costly ETL/ELT operations. We recently raised capital from a group of highly sophisticated and experienced technology investors and are advised amongst others by Prof. Martin Odersky (creator of Scala), Prof. Mike Franklin (co-creator of Spark), Dr. Alon Halevi (of Facebook’s AI team) and the former global CIO of Credit Suisse.In order to scale up rapidly our engineering team, RAW Labs established recently a second engineering and customer support team in Greece. For this team in Greece, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer.
Center of Athens with remote work
As Senior Software Engineer, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of a wide array of the services for the RAW platform. This includes, among other tasks, improvements to the query execution engine, caching layers, code generation, distributed execution, and external connectors. You will also participate in the design and implementation of new features and products.
You are a passionate and experienced engineer with JVM experience, detailed-oriented, with great oral and written communication skills, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player. You know how to manage projects on time and interact with both technical and non-technical colleagues. You want to be a major factor in the success of our customers.
Your role is part of the engineering team and strategic for the success of our company. We are planning on rapid growth which paves way for great career opportunities.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of a wide array of services for the RAW platform, including REST services, database backends, distributed systems and frontend services.
- Implement a flexible and scalable architecture to accommodate demands from customers and sales.
- Implement new features for the product.
- Build benchmarks and conduct detailed performance analysis.
- Contribute to the maintenance and improvement of internal developer tooling.
- Contribute to documentation efforts of code, internal architecture documentation as well as customer-facing documentation.
- Interview technical candidates and contribute actively to onboarding and mentoring of new developers.
- Provide support to the customer support teams to help debug problems as needed.
- Provide support to critical pre-sales efforts as needed. Contribute to technical outreach efforts in form of white papers, presentations or other form of public presentations.
- Conduct technical code reviews.
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in JVM.
- Experience in big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, HDFS.
- Experience in the development of distributed systems.
- Demonstrable experience in software development practices such as test-driven development, SOLID, Clean code, design patterns.
- Languages: Scala and/or Java and/or Kotlin. SQL.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Great oral and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
- Experience in developing big data frameworks.
- Experience with benchmarking and profiling tools (e.g. JMH, Apache JMeter, Gatling, Java Mission Control).
- Experience with Kubernetes and/or AWS.
- Experience with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins, Artifactory), DevOps tooling (e.g. Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Docker, Compose, Ansible).
- Experience in enterprise-deployments: Kerberos, Active Directory/LDAP, OAuth.
- Experience in Play Framework.
- Experience with Go language.
- Being at the front line building one of the greatest enterprise technology success stories.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the greatest academics and practitioners in the field. of Big Data and Data Meshes to solve the most challenging problems that the world’s largest enterprises face when trying to explore their data troves.
- Using in your day to day work the most modern technologies and techniques to solve challenging real-life problems.
- Learning directly from some of the industry’s best minds.
- The opportunity to be a key member of the team building in Greece a “startup within a growing startup”.
- An attractive compensation package.
- We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- 25 annual leave days
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development, participation in conferences
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Great facilities when working from the office and support for remote working
- Regular inspiring team building events
- Flexibility in working hours and location although this is not a remote only role
Apply to this job