Frontend Developer (Greece)Apply to this job
RAW Labs (Greece) is the newly formed Greek arm of the Research & Development team of RAW Labs. RAW Labs is a rapidly expanding Swiss enterprise data technology company that was spun out of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL), by Prof. Anastasia Ailamaki and a team of highly successful engineers and scientists from amongst others CERN, Cisco and Salesforce.
At RAW Labs we have developed novel and highly innovative technologies to interrogate efficiently very large quantities of data in different formats, that are held in a variety of data stores across the enterprise’s infrastructure and the Cloud. The RAW Labs solution enables large organizations like telecom companies or financial institutions to exploit cost effectively their Big Data troves and create Data Products and Data Meshes for purposes including ML/AI, business Intelligence and analytics without having first to undertake costly ETL/ELT operations. We recently raised capital from a group of highly sophisticated and experienced technology investors and are advised amongst others by Prof. Martin Odersky (creator of Scala), Prof. Mike Franklin (co-creator of Spark), Dr. Alon Halevy (of Facebook’s AI team) and the former global CIO of Credit Suisse.
In order to rapidly scale up our engineering team, RAW Labs established a second engineering and customer support team in Greece. For this team in Greece, we are seeking a Frontend Developer.
Center of Athens with remote work flexibility
As a Frontend Developer, you will contribute to the development and maintenance of the front-end systems for our platform. You have the unique chance to actively participate and shape one of the most impactful aspects of our product. You will be working with the latest web technologies, in a team of experts in various fields, to improve the user experience of a global product. You are a passionate web developer with great oral and written communication skills, multi-tasker, and demonstrated team-player.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of the front-end system of RAW platform.
- Implement a versatile and scalable front-end architecture to accommodate demands from customers and sales, following best practices.
- Participate in a distributed, international team following Agile software development methodology.
- Contribute to documentation efforts of code, internal architecture documentation as well as customer-facing documentation.
- Provide support to the customer support teams to help debug problems as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience in UI/UX and ability to develop responsive software.
- Proven technical expertise in projects based on CSS/Sass.
- Knowledge of Bootstrap and jQuery.
- Working experience in interacting with REST API services.
- Knowledge of OpenAPI/Swagger specifications and respective tools
- Great oral and written communication skills.
- Work ethic
Nice to have:
- University degree in computer science or engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Scala Play Framework.
- Experience with Cloud platforms.
- Experience with CI/CD toolset.
- Experience in working with Agile teams (Kanban, Scrum)
What we offer:
- Being at the front-line building one of the greatest enterprise technology success stories.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the greatest academics and practitioners in the field of Big Data and Data Meshes to solve the most challenging problems that the world’s largest enterprises face when trying to explore their data troves.
- Using in your day-to-day work the most modern technologies and techniques to solve challenging real-life problems.
- Learning directly from some of the industry’s best minds.
- The opportunity to be a key member of the team building in Greece a “startup within a growing startup”.
- An attractive compensation package.
We have also other benefits that will keep you happy:
- Dedicated budget for training and professional development.
- Participation in conferences, meetups and other similar events.
- State-of-the-art equipment.
- Great office facilities.
- Regular inspiring team building events.
- Flexibility in working hours and location although this is not a remote only role.
Apply to this job